Sunday, January 13, 2013

Starting the Topps Baseball 2013 Emerald Set

2013 will be an exciting year for my wife and I as we welcome the addition of a baby boy to our family in March. I have always wanted a son, so that I could share with him all of the things my father and grandfather shared with me. I started thinking about all of the things I wanted to do with my new son and let me tell you there are a lot. So many of the things require him to be a bit older to enjoy or appreciate, but collecting baseball cards from his birth year seemed like something I could do while he was just a baby. As he gets older I hope to share my love of sports and its memorabilia with him.

This Blog will be used to chronicle my attempt to complete the 2013 Topps Baseball - Emerald parallel set of 330 cards. I really enjoy putting sets together, but to date I have only completed one set. I have several sets started with intentions of finishing them, but the cost or difficulty of finding the cards has always slowed me down. I know that I will need the help of others to complete this task which is why I have taken the advice from www.cardboardconnection.com and started a trading/collecting blog.

Currently I have 2 boxes of 2013 Topps Jumbo packs ordered and plan on starting with that. I should have 20 Emerald cards once I have opened those packs. Hopefully, I can use some of the other cards to trade or sell for more Emerald cards. Once those avenues are exhausted I plan on selling or trading some of the other cards in my collection. I will be posting a Trade list in the next few days and I will update my progress towards completion as I get new additions. I am actually a bit excited to try this out and see what happens.  

If anyone has advice, tips, or cards they want to trade or possibly sell please email me at bhuens@gmail.com. Thanks for reading and wish me luck.

Yours Truly,
 Bubba 


2 comments:

  1. Bubba,
    Let me be the first to wish you luck in your endeavor and congratulate you on your pending fatherhood!

    I have two daughters (8 and 10) who love collecting and are just entering the "prime years" of collecting. We tend to open quite a bit of Topps Flagship and will keep you in mind if we get any Emerald this year. I'm sure we can figure out some trades.

    Good luck!
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the kind words. I will take any help I can get to complete the project.

    ReplyDelete